Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where is the good news?

July 26, 2011

July 22, 2011 - 3 days after tracheotomy

I am so physically and mentally tired, everything just hurts. I can’t shake this lingering headache that I’ve had for over two weeks now because my shoulders and back are so tight from the constant driving and pumping. I need a vacation. Yeah, fat chance of that happening any time in the near future… I haven’t been able to go up to the hospital today yet since everyone else is at work and I’m home with my three other boys. I have to say though, despite my lack of patience lately, my other three kids have been awesome though all this. The other day, I was ready to cry because I couldn’t focus long enough to figure out where to start in this remodeling project we have to do now and my kids simply started taking over. They cleared out the whole room and put it all away. It was amazing. I’m so proud of this entire family! Basically, we have to create bedroom for Wyatt. With all his medical equipment and the home health care nurses soon coming and going day and night, we need his bedroom to be downstairs. Since we have a family room (separate from the living room) which I used as a play room and my office so far, we’re “simply” going to turn that into Wyatt’s bedroom. The problem is, as is that room has two open walls, no ceiling lights and we never replaced the old carpet from the previous owner. So, we have to install a ceiling light and fan, close off the two walls and install doors, possibly a closet, and put in hardwood flooring. Needless to say, it’s not really a simple weekend project and definitely not cheap either. But we said we will do whatever it takes and we meant it. It has to be done for Wyatt to be comfortable at home and for us to have somewhat of a new normal life. So far, we cleared out the space, tore out the carpet and cut a hole in the ceiling to see how we can run the electrical wires. Hopefully tomorrow we can actually get started. Of course, that plan was established before my car’s transmission decided to start acting up yesterday and my car is in the shop for repair now. I’m glad my husband was there when I took it in because it put me over the edge, I couldn’t stop crying afterward. Something good has got to happen sometime soon!
It’s 300pm. It's day 7 post-OP and I just got a phone call from the hospital. Wyatt is not doing so well today. He’s just not responding much to stimulation, not even when they took the sutures out this morning. He’s very lethargic. His blood gases are not normal again and they send off blood work to check for infection and a mucous sample from the trach to check for cultures. The blood work should come back in 2-3 hours, the cultures takes about 48 hours. I have to stop writing now because all I want to do is curse and I’m not supposed to post that on my blog…

No comments:

Post a Comment