Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thank you nurse Rachel!!!

July 12, 2011

No drawn out venting today, I promise. Just a quick update. The surgery got moved back even further. Now the word is next Tuesday but I don’t quite trust that yet either because Wyatt is not officially on the surgical schedule yet. Hopefully we’ll know more tomorrow. Patience seems to be the name of this game. Other than waiting on a surgery date and time, Wyatt is stable and doing well all things considered though. I’m not able to go see him today but the best nurse in the world Rachel is with him. So we know he’s in good hands. The social worker arranged for Rachel to be his primary nurse, meaning she consistently sees him each week on the three 12hour shifts she’s working. I would advise any NICU parent to make the request to have a primary nurse you like. The doctors see Wyatt for less than 5 minutes a day. A nurse who can be with your baby each week is your best advocate. Rachel has gone far beyond her job requirements and I wish I could have her move in with us when Wyatt comes home. She’s kept me sane, she pushes to get answers and to get things moving, and she is so amazing with Wyatt. I can’t possibly ever thank her enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment