Sunday, July 3, 2011

possible medical decisions - June 26

June 26
Wyatt still has the art line in his right foot, so we still can’t get his footprints done yet. It was supposed to be a father’s day gift for my husband, something normal that everyone gets when they have a baby. But ever since he was born, Wyatt was either not stable enough where any type of stimulation had to be avoided or he had some kind of IV or line in his foot… We’re supposed to meet with rehab person sometime this week to establish a plan to maintain Wyatt's tone. He's not making progress with his breathing, letting the vent do almost all the work even when he’s been awake today. I’m losing hope that he'll come off the vent any time soon but no one else here is willing to discuss that possibility yet. It’s very frustrating for me. I feel alone in my head right now worrying about a possible tracheotomy and logistics and financial matters to arrange for home health care and taking care of our other kids. It's just hitting hard right now that we won’t have normal days anymore and on the selfish side, my business will be non-existent... Pumping wise, water intake is my biggest problem I think and I'm trying my best to make myself wake up every 3hrs at night to try to build up again. I will give it a couple days and see if that works.

June 27
New house rule: Fear and self pity are only allowed for a total of 5 minutes a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment