Sunday, July 3, 2011

lonely and lost - June 16

June 16
I’m scared. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I’m wrong but it seems like he hasn’t made any progress with his breathing since he was born. He's two weeks old tomorrow. He makes progress with everything else but not his breathing. I have this burning question on my mind but I'm too scared to ask the doctors. If he does not improve his breathing, is his condition something he can live with outside the hospital? And if so, how? I want to stay positive but I have to start facing the real questions, too. I feel guilty for even thinking about this. And what’s even worse, no one else in this family wants to even talk about this possibility yet. It’s a very lonely and scary place to be stuck in your own head day and night.

2 year old brother Calvin holding Wyatt's hand for the first time

9 year old brother Cory and 6 year old brother Landon visiting Wyatt for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment