Monday, March 12, 2012

Clarification

Apparently my last blog post – once again - caused some misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Let me clarify some things for anyone who felt the same way but didn’t want to say anything out loud.

My blog is my outlet, my therapy, my best chance of sorting through this mess of a life and survive in one piece. It is the only way for me to talk openly about anything and everything going through my mind. In no shape or form do I mean to offend anyone or cause harm. Examples like my last blog post are not directed at anyone in particular. It is also not a reflection of how grateful I am for the kindness of other people who have been there for us every step of the way in this roller coaster ride. With each blog post, I am simply writing my thoughts down however they come out. I do not focus on what the specific topic is or whether I’m formulating my sentences in a politically correct manner. I always have and always will attend to things in a very straight forward, right in your face kind of approach. When I speak to someone face to face I often bite my tongue but on this blog, I don’t hold back. That said, I am not asking anyone to agree with me, to like what I wrote or to comment on it. It is your prerogative how you interpret the material written. I simply ask that you do not criticize me for using this blog as MY tool to be honest with MYSELF. This blog has saved me from many nervous breakdowns in the last nine months. By simply letting my thoughts ramble on, each blog post gives me the strength to sort things out and live another day. I’m in a rough patch right now (most likely not my last one). Therefore, if my posts seem controversial but it helps me to get through life, then you as the reader just have to choose ifr you can stick it out with me and truly want to know my innermost raw feelings.

I hope this helps in understanding my personality and my intent with this blog a bit better.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the honesty in your blog. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if you got criticized... you certainly aren't shoving this down anyone's throat. I personally can identify with a lot of what you are writing and it help to hear that I am not the only basket-case CCHS parent out there. Our faith or worldview may be different, but our struggle is the same and I agree with Travis: keep going. Use whatever outlets you want or need to keep from cracking!

    ReplyDelete