Tuesday, August 16, 2011

THANK YOU

August 16, 2011

Today is a day of reflection. These last 10 ½ weeks have been filled with such a range of emotions and so much change had to happen in that time frame, it’s hard to comprehend. The roller coaster of Wyatt’s health seems to have slowed down a bit thankfully, but the roller coaster of all the life changes is just starting. While I can’t possibly thank everyone who has kept us sane in these last couple months, there are some people who I definitely need to mention.
Kaleen - I first and foremost want to thank you! You and Rhonda are the reason that Wyatt is alive today. Your ever ready approach to the unexpected is what saved his life. I’m forever grateful! I know you’ve had more difficult cases following Wyatt’s birth but have no doubt, you have a gift and you are doing exactly what you were meant to do!... Rachel - You’ve been Wyatt’s best advocate when I can’t physically be there. You have taken his diagnosis as an opportunity to learn about this rare disorder and have had my back every step of the way. You have gone above and beyond to make sure Wyatt receives optimal care. You’ve also kept me sane. I can never thank you enough!... Elaine - My sincere thank you goes out to you as well for fighting the good fight and helping me to keep tabs on the doctors. It’s good to know that persistence does pay off... To all our family and friends and even perfect strangers - Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. There are so many people to thank, I don’t even know where to start. Please know that all your support and encouragement means so much to us. Thank you for the monetary donations, gas cards, gift cards, building and paint supply donations, meal preparation, thank you for folding our laundry, doing our dishes, lending a hand with construction, providing entertainment for the big boys, lending an ear to vent, a shoulder to cry on, coming to visit, sending greetings our way, or simply following this blog. Every gesture has so much more meaning to us than we could ever put into words... To all my former clients - Thank you for keeping in touch. I wish I had enough time to respond to each and every one of you. Please know that keeping in touch with you has such a deep meaning to me. Even though my business is currently on standstill, your contacts keep that part of me alive. I often wonder whether I have lost that side of me but then seeing your continuous support reminds me that it’s ok. I still have it and I’ll come back to it when the time is right... To the CCHS families out there - Thank you!!! There aren’t many of us but the support we’ve received from the very beginning is amazing. I have met many CCHS families through the cchsnetwork.org and through facebook. I want to thank all of you for all your encouraging words and personal stories. You have helped us see that despite the CCHS diagnosis, Wyatt will still be able to lead a meaningful and full-filled life. Even though we've never met in person, you’ve given us the strength to continue fighting for optimal medical care, no matter what the obstacles. You’ve shown us that a trach is just another fashion accessory and a ventilator is just a big backpack in tow...
To my husband - Thank you for keeping our family together through all this. I know it’s been hard and we all had to take on different roles. But you’re right, Wyatt couldn’t have been born into a better family because we’re strong and stubborn enough to do whatever it takes so that every single person in this family gets what they need and deserve! It may not be Italy but Holland is beautiful, too ;)... To my big boys Cory, Landon and Calvin - I know this is not the summer break you had hoped for but I am so proud of you. The three of you amaze me every single day and I want to thank you for being such awesome big brothers!I love you so much and I always think and talk about you when I go to the hospital... To Wyatt - Thank you for being who you are! You have already touched so many people’s lives and taught us so many lessons. You’ve even brought people closer together and showed us that we should not take one single breath for granted. Your are one amazing little man and I know you will do great things in life because you already have. You are my hero!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Nicole. Thank you so much for your heartfelt words that bring me to tears and make me jump up, run in the other room to give extra hugs and love to my own, appreciating every moment. We are on this journey with you in spirit! Love, aimee

    ReplyDelete